Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A brief explanation

While I started this blog back in April, you will notice that the second post did not arrive until June. In part I was too busy with the end of the semester. Mostly, however, I didn't have anything to say. What does one write in a blog?
In some ways I wish I had the sense of self-importance that would prompt me to write about whatever was going on in my life, as if anyone really cared. I never conceived of myself as the star of my own movie. I'm better a character actor, "one that will do to swell a progress, start a scene or two." So what to write?
Carlin sparked me. Perhaps because no one I generally talk to shares a reverence for his critique. Or more to the point, no one feels the profound weight of sadness and his descent into the darkness of despair. As an attempted critic myself, I understand the temptation, and am not always successful in fighting it.
I shall try to be more dilligent in my posts. We shall see...

No comments: